marlene0928

TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING WINDOWS 8

I bought a Satellite L55-A5284 a week ago, everything was working fine until i decided to watch a film on Netflix today. After the film I realised that it was difficult to use my cursor, it's super jumpy and the touchpad barely even works anymore. The only way i can even manage to use my laptop is by using a USB Mouse. I'm still on Windows 8, and from what i've seen here on these forums, this is a very common problem among toshiba laptops. 

Should i reinstall a driver or something? Please, i need to solve this as soon as posible as i'm using this laptop for college and its very annoying to have to find a decent place to also use the USB mouse. 

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated since i'm not that tech saavvy. 

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING WINDOWS 8

You can try reinstalling the TouchPad driver, Marlene. HERE is the link for the Synaptics driver you probably need although the Alps TouchPad is sometimes used.  If you need the Alps driver, post back and I'll get the link for you.

As of now, the Toshiba Download server is out of action so you'll have to keep trying the link until it works. The server has been down since late yesterday.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
The_Durr

Re: TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING WINDOWS 8

I had to open the laptop up and make sure the cable was fully inserted for the touchpad.  Once I did this, I had to restart the machine with the newest drivers and it worked like a charm.  You have to unscrew the battery since the cable runs under that.  FYI: it's a thin white cabel.  At least it was on my Toshiba Satellite L55-A5284.

Hope this helps...